Tuesday 4 March 2008

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni - doujin game translation (2)

Although it was released on the 24th of February, I only just noticed that the "Higurashi no Naku Koro ni" doujin translation project has made another release, and the translation now goes up to day 9. You can get it by following this link. ^_^

I'm downloading the new patch now! ^__^

I've started reading it already (using the patch that goes up to day 5), but haven't read very far yet. I'm quite enjoying it, and I think the characters' personalities shine through more strongly than I remember them doing in the anime version. Some of their talents and their quirks are introduced earlier in the story.

The artwork.... I would describe as.... foamy. Everyone looks kind of like they're made out of foam. See:

Mion and Rena looking foamy

Tomitake looking foamy

EDIT: the new patch works fine, but my save files started at different points of the story; I think they got messed up...