Monday 29 June 2009

I Senshi - upcoming Anniversary Gundam album

Have you ever liked a song so much that you think that an album containing 6 cover versions of it would be a great thing? I think I'm unusual. I own the album with 18 versions of "Yuusha Ou Tanjou!", the Gaogaigar opening theme.

Now I've heard about this upcoming Ai Senshi cover album, I'm really thinking of buying this too.

Gundam 30th Anniversary I,Senshi Tribute

Catalog No.: VTCL-60161
Label/Distributor: Victor Entertainment
Format: CD
Number of discs (or other units): 1
Release Date: 2009/07/22
Price: 2000yen (2100yen Tax incl.)

I've also seen a tracklist:

1. Ai Senshi (Andrew W.K.)
2. Ai Senshi (MIQ)
3. Ai Senshi (Daisuke Inoue (original singer), 1999 version)
4. Ai Senshi (Gackt)
5. Ai Senshi (Richie Kotzen)
6. Ai Senshi (Matsuhiro Oikawa)

Source. As it's another blog, I can't tell if that tracklist is finalised.

Preorder on: Gundam 30th Anniversary I,Senshi Tribute

I really like this song! I think it's definitely my favourite song to come out of Mobile Suit Gundam. It's from one of the films, which I haven't seen. I just really like the song. I think the album would have been better rounding off with the original version, as I think it's the best. The Andrew W.K. version is in English and it's a good translation; accurate and with a lot of impact. I haven't heard the MIQ version, I'm hoping it's new as I like all of her covers. I haven't heard the self cover... I don't much like the Gackt cover (even though I like a lot of his music), the Ritchie Kotzen cover is another English cover but the lyrics aren't as good, and I haven't heard the Matsuhiro Oikawa version but I have enjoyed some of his past music too.

Not listed is this live cover of Ai Senshi: Super Robot Spirits Acoustic version, with Mizuki Ichirou, Kageyama Hironobu, Endoh Masaaki, Horie Mitsuko and MIQ. It's really good, and is another reason I have to look forward to a MIQ version.