Thursday 22 April 2010

Living In The Future

I thought it's about time I made a "stupid person on the internet" type blog post. :P

Even though it's nearing the end of April, I still can't quite get over the fact that I am living in the year 2010. Every now and again when I write down the date, I think to myself "Oh my god! I'm living in the future!"

I hear news reports, and I have a dramatic announcer voice in my head repeating everything as though it was a cheesy old movie.

"IT WAS THE YEAR 2010 AND HUGE EARTHQUAKES BROUGHT CHAOS AND DESTRUCTION TO COUNTRIES ALL OVER THE GLOBE. VOLCANOES - DORMANT FOR DECADES - ERUPTED, POLLUTING THE SKIES. PLANES WOULD NO LONGER FLY. THIS WAS THE YEAR 2010"

and I'm all giddy, like "omg omg omg what happened next????" :O

Haha! I dunno, I keep expecting dinosaurs to suddenly appear and start eating people, or for the world to turn to desert and all we have left is musclemen riding round on huge oil-guzzling vehicles, somehow. Something like that. -_-;