Monday 24 September 2007

Machida Yoshito

Well, not being able to post pics from my camera and going to Prague for a week... I didn't post anything here for a while, did I? Sorry...

Today I've been repeatedly listening to Machida Yoshito singing the OP theme for Takarajima, the 1978 adaptation of Robert Louis Stevenson's famous novel "Treasure Island". Oh, I love this song. It's far better on CD than it is on youtube, btw. It's got a great dynamic feel to it.

I don't know much about him, but I see that he was a member of Godiego and also performed themes for a 1979 Emeraldas anime and Cyborg 009. There's a Super Best compilation album out of his works, maybe I'll buy a copy...

Maybe I'll look into the Takarajima anime, too. ILA fansubs have taken it up as they have with lots of other series directed by the director Dezaki Osamu - they must be fans of his (as am I, ever since watching Rose Of Versailles and the Air movie)