Thursday 8 May 2008

Gungrave box set (UK thinpack)

Gungrave box set
I buy lots of anime DVDs, but hardly ever buy myself UK DVD box sets unless they're exclusive or very well-priced.

I had a £20 voucher to spend in HMV, given to me by my granny one Christmas a few years ago. I was just carrying it around as there are rarely any good deals on videogames or films that I'm interested in in that shop. I find it overpriced for the majority of the time. However, today I actually found a good deal so I actually spent my voucher. ^_^

It was a thinpak box set of the series "Gungrave". It cost £40, meaning £20 + voucher.

The series was originally a Geneon license, and so is now out-of-print in the US, with box sets usually priced at over £100 if you manage to find a copy. In the UK, this 7-disc box set distributed by MVM is priced at about £60 everywhere.

So, yay, yay, yay. ^_^

Apparently it's a pretty good series, too. My brother said so, and he's generally got good taste. I played through the first videogame, I don't know how close the stories are.

I wonder if there are any other series that Geneon had that are somehow still being released in the UK...