Wednesday 29 April 2009

Braid Soundtrack - out now

Well, Braid was a big hit on Xbox Live Arcade last year, and it's out on PC now... I tried the demo when it first came out and I hated it with a passion, not for the gameplay but for the story. So, I never went back to play the game.

As I mentioned when I first played it, though... the music is quite nice.

So when the soundtrack came out, I went to listen to it. You can too! It's here:

http://magnatune.com/artists/albums/braid-soundtrack/

It's kind of peaceful but at times very dark, lingering, unsettling. Like when you feel the air becomes charged just before a big thunderstorm, though it appears to be nice weather at the moment.

I listened to it constantly for a few days while at work, so I decided to give in and buy a copy. :)

Magnatune are great BTW. You can choose how much you want to pay for the album (there's a fee on top if you want them to send you a copy on CD), then you can download the album (even if you bought the CD) in any of a range of DRM-free formats: WAV, MP3 (high quality or low), FLAC, OGG, and AAC. On top of that, they let you legally give away a copy of the album to three of your friends. (Well you could give away more but that just wouldn't be sporting).

So, haha, I bought the soundtrack but not the game. Better than that, I get to listen to the music when I want and don't have to endure the ego of the protagonist in that game! Hurrah! :D