Thursday 30 April 2009

Pizza Suicide

slices of suicide pizza
A mere photo cannot show how intense this pizza was.

I'd had my eye on this for a while but wasn't brave enough to try it. A fast-food takeaway shop near my workplace sells these as their speciality. "Pizza Suicide". It is a pizza topped with fresh green chilli, jalepeno chillis, chilli beef, tandoori chicken, and it's probably hot sauce as the base too. And some black pepper. Cheese on top.

I bought one on Thursday, knowing I had Friday off work, a small one just for myself, and started walking home with it. It's probably about 2 miles, usually takes 40 minutes. Yay! Pizza! By the time I was walking past the football ground, I was too impatient, so I opened the box and tried a slice. "Ohhhhhhhhhh that's nice. Not so hot after all!" I thought. And I walked on. By the time I was walking through the school playing fields, I was impatient again. So I tried another slice. This time it really hit hard! Oh so hot! So intense! Haaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!! I was in the middle of a park, no access to water or drinks... I walked on as fast as I could with my tongue hanging out. Must get home! Oh but this pizza.... so addictive!

By the time I got home, all the way up the hill, I'd eaten half of the pizza and was completely insane. Joyous, rapturous, intense, floaty, immortal, chilli high.

So, er, that was quite a fun meal. :)