Tuesday 12 May 2009

Plants vs Zombies

Ohhhhh I got so addicted to this game!

See, first of all I saw the music video, oh so cute, oh so catchy... and it has a dancing sunflower and zombies!

So I went to the official website and downloaded the MP3, both the English version and the Japanese version (since the singer recorded two versions).

"Haha!", I thought. "Popcap Games made a mistake. They let me download this catchy catchy song as an MP3 rather than bundling it with the game!"

...and I listened to it, and listened to it, and listened to it...

and on Saturday, after seeing a lot of top reviews for the game, I decided to download the demo and install it on my PC. It was an hour long trial.

"Oh ho ho", I thought. "This game seems so simple, I am sure I will be bored of it after an hour!"

...an hour later, I was looking for the cheapest place to buy the game. I signed up to Steam and bought it for £5.99... and I started playing....

...

...

...

...then I looked up. "It's 1am??? Where did Saturday go?"

Wow, this game is a huge time drain.

"I'll just have one more little go..."

...

...

...

A chat window signed up, a friend of mine on Steam.

"OMG! It's 4am! I think I should go to bed..."

I tried to limit myself a bit on Sunday, bought myself another game on Steam called "The Wonderful End Of The World", which is a Katamari Damacy clone game for PC. I played it for a little bit and then got really terribly violently sick (simulator sickness). I stopped and took a break and when I'd recovered, did my recycling.......... then came back to Plants VS Zombies. ^_^;;

I'm nearly finished with this game, yeah. I've completed Adventure mode (you get the music video as a reward! <3) and unlocked all puzzle modes and nearly unlocked all mini games...

Desktop flower defense, oh why is this game so addictive???