Thursday 6 May 2010

My PS3...

I haven't switched my PS3 on in a long while. It's going to seem a bit weird, but... I just can't bring myself to let it connect to PSN and upgrade the firmware. It's been ages since the firmware came out that removed the ability to install "Other OS" (i.e. linux), and I have never used that feature, nor am I sure I ever want to, but...

I just feel bad about knowingly disabling a feature on my console.

I mean, I try and look after my possessions, make sure they don't overheat or get scratched up, and I have a nice import console that can even play PS2 games natively... I can't bring myself to let this console... harm itself like this.

I know it's kind of like... removing its appendix, and I know that not using it at all is worse than having one unused feature removed, but, ugh. I can't do it. :(

I keep hoping it'll get over its self-destructive phase and go back to normal. And hopefully before 3D Dot Heroes comes out.