Tuesday 22 February 2011

My new PC

It took a few months, but I bought myself a new PC. Here it is:



It's one of these:

3XS H55 Performance GTS - Custom Series

...except that I customised it so it's got a 40GB SSD drive as the main hard drive, there are a 1TB and a 2TB drive as well for storage, there's a card reader in the front which can also hot-plug SSD drives (!!!), there's a Creative soundcard (mainly because I want to rip my vinyl record collection, and Creative cards come with good features and tools), and I went with Windows 7 Pro rather than the default home edition.

This is the first desktop PC I've bought in nearly 10 years, so I went to a shop that would offer a good system at a mid-range price, then let me customise it with fancy stuff.

...and then they took a month to build it, but I don't really mind. They also got my name wrong almost every time, and gave the courier the wrong address. I don't really mind that either. Well, not much. Well.... enough to mention it in public. :P

This is the first time I've had a PC where the graphics card is almost as big as the motherboard! :)

Things to note:

I didn't specifically choose the boy-racer style case with a window and lights inside, but it is a good case and has lots of ventilation.

It's speedy and quiet. :)