Thursday 21 June 2007

Angband for PSP

I just found a new game to play on PSP that might mean that it's not just my portable-Disgaea-console.

Angband for PSP.

Yay for homebrew! It needs 1.50 firmware to run, seems to run just fine, though. Remembering keys and navigating the mini-menu to each key is a bit of a trial, though.



I've tried it out and got as far as lvl 5, getting killed by "Grip, the farmer's dog".

FOE! FOE! FOE!

I'm going back to Etrian Odyssey; it's not as difficult and cruel! (3rd Stratum, training up my Ronin...)

I called my party in Etrian Odyssey "Angiband", you know... ^_^;;

EDIT: 2007-06-22, 07:35am
I carried on with Angband last night, got to about lvl 8 and then wondered how to do something... entered "?" to get to the help topics, read what was there, and then.... "Hmm." [presses "circle" a few times] [navigates through the alphabet to "Esc" a few times] [presses random buttons] ... I couldn't work out how to get out of the "help" section! [power off] what a terrible way for a warrior to go.

Also... *this game could really do with save points*! I mean, not wiping your player out completely when you die type saves. Officially. At least in the options.