Tuesday 26 January 2010

Sakura Wars: So Long My Love - language options

A while ago, I blogged that Nippon Ichi America are taking Sakura Taisen V to the US.

Well, it's now due out in March 2010, and will be released in North America on PS2 and Wii (which we already knew), and is also coming out in Europe on Wii only.

Preorders are up in various online retailers, and I've placed my order for the American PS2 version with my favourite and most trusted Canadian videogame shop: VG+. I already own an imported USA PS2 and now I own an American PS3 that plays PS2 games as well, you see. ^_^

Then, a few months after my preorder, the Nippon Ichi America shop - aptly named Rosenqueen - put the game up for preorder, including a special edition. The PS2 special edition mentioned a Japanese language option, but the others didn't. They also changed the release date from January to March 2010.

I didn't want to cancel my existing order because I like VG+ and Rosenqueen's international shipping charges are awful - often more expensive than the items you order.

So I sent an email to Nippon Ichi America to ask about language options - BTW this is partly because even though it's set in America, I prefer to experience something close "the original", and partly because I watched the official trailer and decided there and then I never ever in my life want to play "SOCCERWARS" (as she pronounces it). Hehehe, really - the accent is totally overdone, I suspect it might be the same actress that is the replacement dub Etna in the recent Disgaea games. It would be too irritating to play the game with her, haha!

A few days after I contacted them, they emailed me back to say that ALL retail copies of the PS2 game will come with two discs: one is the English language version, the other is a Japanese sub version. So I stuck with my existing preorder. :)

Official site: www.sakurawars.us