Saturday 1 December 2007

Misawa Go - anime composer - died aged 79

From animenation news:

Goh Misawa, the soundtrack composer for the 1972 Devilman and 1973 Aim For The Ace! anime television series, died of esophageal cancer in a hospital outside Palm Springs, California, on the morning of November 20. He was 79. Misawa moved from Japan to America, where he continued to create music and dub movies, in 1976.

--

He had the same birthday as me, but half a century before... follow this link for a big list of anime songs he worked on (list in Japanese). As well as the opening themes to "Ace o Nerae!" and "Devilman TV", he wrote the opening theme to "Ryuusei Ningen Zone"! I think that might be my favourite of his songs, but it might equally have been because of Masato Shimon's performance of the song.

Of the others, I've only heard the song "Attention Please" as part of Mizuki Ichirou's "Seishun For You" compilation song... -_-;

Oh he also wrote the opening to Jungle Kurobe, but... it's not one of my favourites...

(This may be a bad time to say it, but... I like the Devilman ED theme much more than the OP theme)