Thursday 6 December 2007

Yay! I bought an iPod!

Woo!




Shiny, isn't it? ^_^

This is my first portable MP3 player. Well, the first proper MP3 player. I've had portable CD players that could play MP3s and I can play MP3s on my handheld consoles and what-have-you, but... well, you know what I mean.

It's a 6th generation silver iPod classic, 80GB. ^__^ I got it on Amazon for what I think is a pretty good price, considering its capacity.

So far, I'm happy with it. The only irritations I'm feeling are:
* I find the navigation wheel a bit annoying.
* It only comes with a quick start manual, and it's too simplistic
* I managed to scratch the metal back already (!)
(how? I haven't done anything! I haven't even left this room yet!)
* You can't charge the battery and listen to music at the same time.

The last being plain stupid design, IMHO.

I got round having to install iTunes by getting a copy of Poddox, which seems to work well. It won't transfer video, but I'm not bothered about watching video on little portable devices anyway.