Thursday 6 December 2007

MIO (MIQ) - L-Gaim & Starlight Shower

I've been buying vinyl. ^_^




I bought the L-Gaim 7" single, along with the album "Starlight Shower" by MIO.

The single contains "Time For L-Gaim" on side A, and "Starlight Shower" on side B. Its catalogue number is K07S-512 (K07S-512B) and cost 700 yen when it came out in 1984.

The album contains both those songs, and more. Both records were released on the STAR CHILD label. Its catalogue number is K28G-7197 and it cost 2800 yen when it came out in 1984. Prices haven't changed much! The full tracklisting is provided handily on the back in English, hooray!

Side A:
* MORNING BELL
* KAZE NO DUET
* BIARRITZ NO KYUJITSU
* Good-bye TOKYO
* SAYONARA WA Tenderly

Side B:
* L-GAIM - Time for L-GAIM
* AMOREI
* MINT BAR
* MAGIC CITY
* STARLIGHT SHOWER

It comes with a lyrics sheet and also, separately, a full fold-out poster of MIO - that's kinda cool. ^_^

I haven't listened to them yet - too busy playing with my new iPod. I need to get my act together and preserve this vinyl to MP3 format... my computer is being dodgy when it comes to recording from line-in at the moment, though. -_-;

I really do like listening to MIO. Or, MIQ as she's now known. Such a great voice, quite low, especially compared to other female singers from Japan. She sounds something like she ought to be a glorious black gospel singer, but no, she's a little Japanese lady. That's cool. ^_^ I already have some of her work - various live performances on CD and DVD, various Xabungle 7" records, her recent hits CD album, the Dunbine CD single and the L-Gaim CD single, even! But the L-Gaim CD single doesn't have the song "Starlight Shower" (L-Gaim ending theme), and I am especially addicted to that song at the moment.