Friday 11 April 2008

Uniqlo Weekly Shonen manga t-shirts

I saw this in a feature in the newspaper (Metro) yesterday morning, though it seems it started a few weeks ago.

The fashion brand / retailer Uniqlo have teamed up with Kodansha and Shogakukan for the 50th anniversary of both Weekly Shonen Magazine and Weekly Shonen Sunday to produce a range of commemorative t-shirts.

The Japanese manga-oriented site: http://ut.uniqlo.com/sunmaga50th/

The newspaper advertised the UK site though, and on there, they're under the UT T-Shirts section, from about page 4 onwards, but there's a smaller range.

There were already some works by Shotaro Ishinomori - I can see Skullman and Cyborg 009, Osamu Tezuka - Tetsuwan Atom (Astroboy) and Black Jack, and I can also see from the new range Ashita no Joe, a few pages on. There are some others too, but I don't recognise them straight off.

EDIT 2008-04-16: I went shopping for some of the older designs: