Wednesday 4 June 2008

Celebrity seiyuu GPS for PSP

My brother told me about this a few weeks ago, it's really cool. Apparently there are upgrade voice packs for the Japanese GPS navigation software for PSP - MAPLUS 2, which cost 800 yen. The core software is pretty expensive to start with - it came out in December last year and is already available for purchase, though the article I linked to above states otherwise. I guess it's not that expensive compared to most GPS systems, though. And, not that buying it would be any use if you live outside of Japan, anyway.

I've seen / heard videos on youtube already, and I have to say... the voice pack featuring Wakamoto Norio is absolutely hilarious (and a 2nd video). The voice pack featuring Furuya Tohru with his Amuro Rei voice is pretty funny too!

They would certainly keep you entertained on your journey! XD

I think it would be cool if companies decided to do this in English, with English actors as well. I'd love to hear a navigation system voiced by some famous voices like BRIAN BLESSED or... mmm, how about Christopher Lee! XD