Friday 20 June 2008

Master of the Monster Lair - Dungeon Maker for DS

Yay, Atlus have licensed a new DS game for North America - it's the sequel to the Dungeon Maker game for PSP that I enjoyed playing last year. This DS game was originally titled "Dungeon Maker: Mahou no Shovel to Chiisana Yuusha", but for some reason the US release will be called "Master of the Monster Lair", I don't know why they wouldn't want to associate it with the previous game.

It features a talking magical shovel! The character designs look very cute too, as opposed to the serious look and feel of the PSP game.

I really liked the PSP Dungeon Maker game, it was kind of like Dungeon Keeper crossed with one of those 3rd person hack-em-up RPGs. Lure them in, murder them, I couldn't help but think that sometimes maybe I was being more evil than the monsters...

3rd person 3D hack-em-up seemed a very PSP style of gameplay, I expect the DS will have a different type of gameplay but with the same kind of dungeon making. ^_^

It comes out in September 2008, and you can preorder it on Play-Asia already. It's priced well at $34.90 US dollars (under £18 GBP), which will probably be well worth it.