Monday 20 August 2007

Back from holiday

I was off on holiday last week, same old seaside holiday resort as every year, but this year... oh, so much had been lost! T_T

So long, Saturn Palace, where I first played Super Mario Bros, APB, Bubble Bobble, and so many other arcade games.
So long, Crystals, even though you never had any real arcade games other than Track And Field for the last few years.
So long, Mazan: Flash of the Blade, oh arm-tiring fun where I somehow remained in the top ten ranking from one year to the next.
So long, Ninja Assault and your strangely-pronounced English from an all-Japanese cast.
So long, Last Bronx, though you were broken last year and I expected you to go.
So long, Bang! for 10p a go.
So long, Hyper Bishi Bashi Champ, although you were broken for years I liked to see the shell of a classic machine.

and most of all,

So long, Fighting Mania, from every arcade in Hemsby and Gt Yarmouth, and gone from Meadowhall too, beloved Hokuto No Ken game, I will miss you even though I never once beat "normal" mode.