Monday 20 August 2007

House Of The Dead 4

I didn't play many arcade games at all on holiday this year (sigh), though I had a go at House Of The Dead 4 - two credits for a pound. I got as far as the 2nd chapter.

I'd upload a photo if I could just find my flash-card reader... T_T

Here's some in-game footage, and here's the official site.

It was a bit annoying having a submachinegun and having to reload so soon, it was a bit annoying having to put off your aim to shake the gun around (it's not motion detection so much as you hear something rattling back and forth in the gun), and it was annoying that *all the zombies seemed to be immortal while on the ground*, as in, there were plenty of times that zombies were visible, you'd shoot them and the hits would not register until they were fully standing up.

And the players seemed to keep turning around while there were still zombies in front of them! And it hardly ever seemed to matter...? Like, oh, zombies are really nice, they won't attack anyone who's not facing them...!

There was one line in it that the main character said:

"It's all happening again. But it's much worse this time."

and hey, that's just what I was thinking too as I was playing it.