Thursday 23 August 2007

Space Adventure Cobra

I'm currently playing through the Space Adventure Cobra videogame that came out for the Sega Mega CD. There's a review of it here with a small gallery here. It contains more fanservice and nudity than is usually seen on console games these days, but then again, Sega seemed more relaxed about this than either Nintendo or Sony etc are. It's perfectly welcome to me to see naturally proportioned people after starting to watch Code Geass...!

It's a very linear story; it forces you to follow each possible option - especially at the start of the game - before it forwards on the story, and there seems to only be one single path through the story. (There are a few instant death options in battle, but in those cases you just continue a little further back in the story with no penalty)

It's the story about three identical triplet sisters... so I guess it's the same as in the movie I saw on videotape a few years ago. I don't know whether it compares to the anime series or the manga because I haven't read any of the manga and I only just started watching the anime (ILA have fansubbed it).

EDIT: Maybe there are games for consoles with equal amounts of fanservice these days, it's just that none of the character designs in things like Playboy The Mansion are particularly attractive, so I forgot about it.