Thursday 7 July 2016

Games I've been playing recently

A few notes on what I've been playing on Steam recently.

Riff Racer is like if someone made Audiosurf into a car drifting game. Exactly that.

Circa Infinity is... the first time you play it, you will feel a glorious insanity, and will see circles EVERYWHERE. It only does it once, at least, it did for me.

NO THING
is an infinite runner that's not especially good but I like its style.

Zaccaria Pinball
is an incredible pinball simulator for some old, simple, obscure Italian pinball tables. The simulation is incredible! The tables... a bit basic.

Ghost 1.0 is a decent 2D platformer. Some reviews call it a Metroidvania - but I wouldn't, there's no exploration. Good though.

EvilMaze is very difficult and I have not made it beyond the first screen.

Shmups Skill Test
says my gaming age 38, which is my age. :)

Death Ray Manta is a basic twin stick shooter that has lots of colours and really not much depth. Pretty disappointing.

Sakura Dungeon is a disappointment for anyone who was hoping for a decent first-person grid-based RPG. So basic. And the characters? So bland. Not a good game.

Crush Crush is a free clicker themed on anime dating sims, that has more personality than Sakura Dungeon.

The Average Everyday Adventures of Samantha Browne is a very short free game that was... gah! It's fun to be in someone else's head for a short while, but I'm so thankful it was a short while. Interesting experience, though!

Stardew Valley is.. AH! When people say it's "Harvest Moon but better" they are not kidding. Last night I thought "I will give this a quick go before bed. Maybe an hour." and NO, THAT WAS A BAD IDEA, because next thing I know, it's 4:30am! And there I was thinking "I am better at staying up late than my character! I get to see the sunrise!"

No comments: