Thursday 15 March 2007

Chulip for PS2

I'm currently playing a game called Chulip for the PS2. It's a very strange and very funny game about a boy who moves to a new town and has to kiss everyone there in order to win the heart of the girl he loves. I originally heard about it a few years ago... I read the review for it on gamefaqs and was sold. I wanted this game so much! But the game was only in Japanese! And there it stayed for many years. I bought the Japanese version, but it has too much text to play with my lack of reading skills. For years it was rumoured to be coming out in the US, but the release was endlessly put back. Then all of a sudden it was coming out on Valentine's Day this year! But... as a Gamestop/EB Games exclusive. I eventually got a copy, though, through the help of a kind American I know on a forum I frequent.

The game was made by Punchline - the same people that made Rule Of Rose, which I've played for a short while (Rule Of Rose isn't out in Europe either, but that's because 505 decided it was too controversial to sell). I decided that Rule Of Rose wasn't going to be a game I'd enjoy because I don't like the idea of letting myself be bullied in my free time. That's not fun! But Chulip is both fun and funny, from what I've seen so far. And weird!


That's the cover of the American version.


That's the cover of the Japanese version.

I like the original cover better. Seems that most people do. The new US one seems to have been made up out of a few wallpapers from the official Japanese site put together. >_<

So, uh, I'm going to go away and play this game for a bit. Byeee!