Monday 12 March 2007

Lynn Minmay sings Bomb Jack! (Mrs Pepperpot)

I remembered earlier today about the cartoon version of Mrs Pepperpot. I think I used to read the books when I was younger... there was a cartoon series too, in English, I think it was on Sky in the 1990s, sometime...

I remember that the music to either the opening or ending (I wasn't sure) was the music to the first level of the arcade game Bomb Jack, but never knew why.

Well, apparently, that cartoon version was actually an anime from 1983-1984 from Studio Pierrot, called Spoon Obaasan, and the ending theme is that Bomb Jack 1st level BGM. Both that and the opening theme are sung by Iijima Mari, who is famous for being Lynn Minmay in Macross.

I can't find the OP/ED in English... pity, since I've been wondering what the lyrics were...