Monday 12 March 2007

NES (NSF) anime cover versions

I've placed my preorder for the Momoi Halko album I mentioned yesterday. The cover of the opening song for 3000 Leagues in Search of Mother has really impressed me! It's just so appropriate; it sounds exactly like *going on a long journey in a classic RPG* music. This isn't a novelty track; it's proper artistic genre fusion, of two of my favourite genres of music (retro anime & retro videogame). I'm in love with this whole concept.

So I went looking, and discovered .nsf file cover versions of anisong and game music. *_* Oh, I'm so in love with this!

There's an archive here - the zip file plus everything in the "incoming folder". Music players are there too, in the "software" folder.

All sorts of anime, game, and, well, every other sort of music has been covered. There's a large range of anime songs; Cutey Honey, Sailor Moon, Ryvius, Masaru-san, Bottle Fairy, Soul Taker, 2x2=Shinobuden, Pretty Cure, Blue Seed, Lost Universe, Gatekeepers, Patlabor, Great Mazinger, Slam Dunk, Slayers, Suzumiya Haruhi... It's lots of fun. ^_^

I like the cover of Masato Shimon's Oyoge! Taiyaki-kun which is merged with the Final Fantasy 1 battle theme. ^_^

And.. yeah, Momoi Halko is the most geek-friendly idol *ever*.