Thursday 19 April 2007

Beautiful Katamari - officially announced

Remember I mentioned there were rumours floating around about a new Katamari Damacy sequel?

The Magicbox has reported that Famitsu magazine reports that (yeah, I know, I know) Namco-Bandai have actually announced it, with screenshot pics published in Famitsu magazine. Follow the Magicbox link! Take a look!

Pretty, isn't it?

Even though the games have been rolling downhill since the 1st one, I'm still a big fan of the series. Even though the screenshots make it look no different than a polished-up version of the PSP game, which was the worst one by a long way. (But I blame the limitations of the system - PSP is too small for Katamari and the console lacks the appropriate control system)

I hope the soundtrack is as good as on the first game! And the attention to detail, and... well, everything that's lacking from the later two games.

I guess I'll have to actually buy either a PS3 or 360 when it comes out, depending on price and which port is best, which controls are best... whether I'll need to get an import console... whether there are any other games on the console worth playing...

Shame it's not coming out on wii, since it sounds the funnest of the 3 new consoles, but then, it would posibly be forced to use unsuitable controls (and we already found out that's bad via the PSP version)

Is this game really going to be a console seller? I don't know, but it's a Katamari Damacy game, and, as is embodied in the game itself... I really really like collecting things... ^_^;;

(Katamari Damacy is why I own a PSP! Even though all I play is Disgaea!)