Thursday 12 April 2007

Kuon for PS2 - PAL version

Here's another game that I've managed to buy (Amazon, £22 used), yet have never seen in an actual shop... Kuon, for PS2, the PAL version. I don't know why I've never seen a copy in shops; Japanese horror games seem quite popular, so you normally see at least a few copies of every release around, and this was supposedly released last year (almost to the day). There are 5 European languages on the back of the box, and it says "Made In Austria".

It also says it's by FROM SOFTWARE, and it's rated age 16+, and... it doesn't look graphically spectacular, but atmosphere will be the key, and it looks interesting, has an ancient Japanese setting and comes dual language (though I haven't checked that yet). Here's the blurb:

WILL YOU BE ABLE TO CONTROL YOUR FEAR AND KEEP CALM ENOUGH TO INCARNATE TWO YOUNG WOMEN READY TO CHALLENGE THE WORLD OF SPIRITS?

* A UNIQUE, BLOODCURDLING ATMOSPHERE (UNCENSORED VERSION).
* A PERFECT BLEND OF ACTION AND ADVENTURE.
* PLAY THE ROLE OF TWO DIFFERENT CHARACTERS AND DISCOVER FOUR DIFFERENT ENDINGS.

That's a horrible first line. ^_^;;

I've uploaded the box art because this is the only place I've seen it close up. I like it better than the Japanese / American boxart...