Monday 30 April 2007

Karyudo split up

It's unimportant news I spotted on Mainichi today: 1970s J-pop duo Karyudo have split up.

Their biggest song was "Azusa Nigou" which featured strongly in episode 99 of Sailor Moon (S). It's a great song. You can download it from this fansite.

I also found a short clip of *someone else* (Yamaguchi Momoe) covering the song on youtube, before seeing Karyudo appearing in the background themselves, presumably to cover one of her songs.

Of course, that song was popular about 30 years ago, so the duo splitting up doesn't really mean much... I just remembered how much I like that song. It worked powerfully in that episode.

I also found the clip in Sailor Moon S where that song is used and remembered why I decided never to follow the path of dubbed anime in my watching habits.