Tuesday 22 May 2007

Horie Mitsuko - Koi no Hana Uranai

This evening, I came home to find that my ebay purchase had arrived! Not the Horie Mitsuko LP, but a thingy that you use to place on your turntable in the middle of records that have had the centre punched out. Yeah, one of those things. Took me ages to find one because I didn't know what they're called.

So I took out some of my singles and tried playing one. The first one is a Horie Mitsuko single, it's from 1980 and it's called "Koi no Hana Uranai". The B-side is called "Lilac no hanakotoba". I looked it up, and it seems that both songs come from the anime Hana no ko Lun-Lun, as insert songs. The 6th and 3rd tracks from the LP are on this single.

I tried making the tracks into MP3s (MP3 players being far more portable than record players), but there's something up and the tracks keep stuttering.

So here's the cover I scanned, along with the back which contains lyrics and sheet music!